Critical Reflection

Module Learning:

Before having this module, I assumed that the module was pointless because I would never gain anything from it. For me, I never liked reports or presentation and always struggled standing in front of a group of people. However, I was mistaken in assuming that the module wouldn't be helpful during the critical thinking classes.

Throughout the 13 weeks, I learned new things like how to apply "PEEL" and how to cite my research which I have never learned in Polytechnic. I managed to gain the knowledge of how to do a thorough research to aid us with my report. This would be a big help in the future years for my IWSP report. I had gained confidence. In general, I realized that my report writing, and English was not good. Attending this enriching module, I am glad that my peers and professor guided me patiently through all the questions and struggles that I had faced. 

In my critical thinking, it allows me to question every decision I had in mind by asking myself the five "W"s and one "I". Every decision or idea needs to have an end goal, like how do I make the stakeholders be attracted to my ideas, why will they want to accept my product or what benefits will they gain from it. By receiving feedback from my peers, I can further improve and solidify my ideas.

After this module, I have accomplished my goals set during the lessons. I will apply everything I learned to all my future reports or presentations. Critical thinking allows me to better understand the process to better evaluate my points with very detailed information.

Project Learning:

For the team project, we had to do a thorough research on the improvisation and to present our finalized research topic to my peers and professor. I have never liked presentation because whenever I stand in front of a group to present, I will tend to speed through and have butterflies in my stomach. This is something that I want to overcome, and I believed that I did when facing my peers during the presentation. Through this course, I learned different techniques like how to give a proper and effective presentations. I also learned about postures, gestures, voice projection, eye contact and more. These points are very important to me because I can attract the audience’s attention and make the audience feels interested in my points during the explanation. Through the presentation, I learnt how to speak well and constantly taking in feedback to continue improve myself. This will also help me boost my confidence in public speaking and the way I portray to others during presentations.

Also, I managed to apply the citations in my report. I am still having a little trouble following the correct citation, but I am slowly improving myself. I believed that I will be able to overcome this in the coming years. As an engineer myself, I believed that presentations and report writing are extremely important because I will be required to present or proposed my ideas to my future company or jobs.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Introductory Letter